Thursday, July 21, 2011

No. 9 Park

One of my favorite memories of eating out in Boston happened a few months ago at No. 9 Park – what a picturesque night.  My desire to go there all started after my third consecutive night of ordering Chinese food – note to self, when the delivery guy knows you by name and order, it’s time to switch up the restaurant for a bit. So needless to say, when the delivery man greeted me at the door and made a comment about how this wasn’t my typical order, I immediately called up my sister and invited her out to dinner for the following night.

I had wanted to try No. 9 Park ever since my friend Kevin and I were supposed to go there several months prior. Unfortunately his train from NYC had been delayed that night, and we weren’t able to make our reservation. Now yes, this happens all the time, however here’s a little something you should know about me – when I’m planning on going out to dinner, I always Google the restaurant beforehand, and pick out what I think I’m going to order. Then, I obsess over it for the rest of the day. Such a chub, I know. Needless to say when I found out we weren’t going I was extremely disappointed, so I was pumped to instead experience this restaurant with my sister Kayla.

I picked up Kayla around 7:30 pm and we drove from her apartment in Brookline over to Beacon Hill. The restaurant is on Park Street (duh) and overlooks the Park. Once we arrived we were promptly greeted by valet. Kay and I carefully exited my car (we obviously got way too dressed up and were both wearing tiny black dressed and four inch heels for our random Wednesday night dinner) as to not have a “Britney” incident, and made our way into the restaurant.

Inside the restaurant is extremely charming – in a cozy but still upscale sort of way. The hostess was extremely friendly, and we were immediately whisked away to a comfy booth in the back of the restaurant. The restaurant was fairly quiet that night, but it was around 8 pm on a Wednesday so I wasn’t too surprised by that. As we sat down, we looked over the wine menu, and ultimately decided to just order by the glass. I had a delicious pinot noir, and Kayla sipped on a Pinot Grigio.

For dinner, diners have two options: 3 course or 7 course tasting menu. We went with the three courses because we are ladies and only shove our faces with food in the privacy of our own homes.  So, we made a huge foodie mistake here, and Kayla and I both ordered the same appetizer and entrée – Oh well, lesson learned. So for an appetizer we each got the “ricotta gnuddi,” for an entrée we got the “Colorado lamb loin” and for dessert we each got two different chocolate creations that I can’t remember what they were called but both were delicious and completely gone in 1.2 seconds.

Overall our experience at No. 9 Park was, for lack of a better word, amazing. We enjoyed the food, wine, and atmosphere – our waiter was exceptional, and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to have a romantic dinner. I will say that it’s on the pricey side ($69 for three courses) – but it’s absolutely worth it. 


P.S. Chris and I are going back on Wednesday so I'll be sure to let everyone know how it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment