Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Craftbar - Flatiron

My friend Teresa was visiting me before she went back to L.A. and we decided to grab a late night dinner followed by one (or four) cocktails. Since I live in Flatiron I decided we would stay close by and go to CraftbarCraftbar is just one of the restaurants founded by Chef (and Top Chef judge) Tom Colicchio, with its bigger (and more expensive) sibling Craft located right around the corner. 

I made a reservation for 8:30 pm and we were seated immediately upon our arrival. We decided to start with a bottle of prosecco and began perusing the menu. We decided to start with a cheese plate to enjoy with our booze. 

The waitress read us a selection of approximately 12 available cheeses for us to chose from (notice Teresa texting in the background).
After we enjoyed our cheese board we put in our entree orders. Teresa decided to go with the Skuna Bay Salmon with Cauliflower puree, and I went with the Maccheroni Bolognese. 

Skuna Bay Salmon
Both of the meals were delicious. The maccheroni was rich, flavorful, and the perfect portion. Teresa really enjoyed her salmon which was perfectly cooked to her liking (our plates were basically licked clean).
Maccheroni Bolognese
I'm going to keep this review short and sweet. Craftbar is a great place to dinner, or a few drinks. It provides a warm and trendy atmosphere and does not completely break the bank. In addition to the meals I just listed, I've also tried the Veal & Ricotta Meatballs & Capellini and the White BBQ Chicken Confit. They were both tasty. Overall Craftbar will remain on my list of go-to places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment